Primary features of the NIKKOR Z 600MM F/6.3 VR S
- Hand-held shooting is made possible with a total length of approximately 11in (278mm) and weight of approximately 1,390g (3lbs), the lightest in its class.
- Chromatic aberration is significantly reduced with the adoption of PF and ED glass elements. In addition, the adoption of an SR lens element controls short-wavelength light, the effects of which are difficult to correct, achieving highly precise chromatic aberration compensation.
- Nikon's original Nano Crystal Coat has been adopted to effectively reduce ghost and flare.
- By using the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4× or Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0× the telephoto range can be expanded to 840mm or 1200mm respectively, while taking advantage of the lens AF and VR
- Equipped with Normal VR mode, which demonstrates superior 5.5-stop stabilization; as well as Sport VR mode, which stabilizes the viewfinder display with continuous shooting, making it easier to track rapidly moving subjects.
- When paired with a compatible body, Synchro VR can be activated to achieve up to 6.0-stop stabilization by combining in-camera VR and lens VR.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) ensures fast and quiet autofocusing.
- Superior dust- and drip-resistant performance4 is supported, and excellent anti-fouling performance is achieved through the adoption of fluorine coat.
- Equipped with four lens Fn2 buttons and one lens Fn button that can be customized and assigned to a wide variety of functions.
- Equipped with a memory recall function5 that instantly recalls a focus position stored in advance by pressing the button to which the function has been assigned.
- A design that takes video recording into consideration with quiet operation and stable exposure, as well as functions including focus-breathing suppression that effectively reduces shifting of the angle of view with focusing.
Pack lighter, react faster and cover more distance with the shortest, lightest 600mm prime lens Nikon has ever created.
Designed around a size-reducing Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element, the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S enables bird, wildlife, motorsports and aircraft photographers to perform in the field with tremendous mobility and spontaneity.
So much power in your hands.
Leave the tripod and monopod at home and live in the moment, quickly acquiring faraway subjects and tracking them with controlled precision.
Just 11 inches long and 3 pounds.
The NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S fits comfortably in most backpacks and carry-on luggage, and it's light enough to be shot all day with less fatigue.
Outstanding balance & handling.
The center of gravity is shifted toward the camera, giving you more speed and control when panning and making the lens feel even lighter.
600mm draws you in.
An essential focal length for motorsport action, birds and wildlife, 600mm closes vast distances and brings the heart of the story to your viewfinder.
Get even closer.
Add an optional Z series teleconverter and extend your view up to 1200mm. Switch to DX Crop Mode in-camera for an additional 1.5x boost to your angle of view.
Stunning clarity down to the smallest detail.
Specialized ED and SR lens elements work together to prevent light dispersion and produce the sharpest images imaginable. Fine details and intricate patterns, like those found in the feathers of birds, are rendered with lifelike accuracy.
Cut through backlighting and glare.
Nikon's anti-reflection coating, Nano Crystal Coat (N), greatly reduces ghosting and flare, even against bright backgrounds with direct sunlight.
Fast, reliable autofocus.
The NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S lens is powered by the Nikon Stepping Motor (STM), an incredibly accurate, near-silent AF drive system designed to keep up with fast, erratic subjects like birds and motorsports, where you have only an instant to nail the shot.
Up to 6.0 stops of VR.
Built-in optical VR achieves an effect of shooting up to 6.0 stops* faster on a camera that supports Synchro VR and 5.5 stops* faster on all other Z series cameras.
Versatile video performance.
he NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S lens operates with virtually no mechanical noise, so you can confidently use Continuous AF to track subjects. Focus breathing is heavily suppressed, maintaining your framing as your focus position changes. And the precision electromagnetic diaphragm lets you make smooth, stepless aperture adjustments while recording.