Bonus 2 Year Warranty On This Television
Visions Electronics Rewards members receive an additional year of warranty on this television from date of purchase up to a maximum of 2 years.
For more information about this warranty and the additional benefits of becoming a Rewards Member, please visit our Rewards sign-up page by clicking HERE.
A80K | BRAVIA XR | OLED | 4K Ultra HD | High Dynamic Range (HDR) | Smart TV (Google TV)
Next-generation picture and sound with Cognitive Intelligence
Take vision and sound to the next level with Cognitive Processor XR™. Sony's revolutionary processor on Sony BRAVIA XR™ TVs reproduces content the way humans see and hear for an incredibly life-like experience. It understands how the human eye focuses, cross-analyzing images to give real-life depth, extraordinary contrast and beautifully vivid colours.
Exceptional pure blacks for real-life depth and texture
Pairing Sony's OLED panel with XR OLED Contrast Pro, this TV boosts colour and contrast in bright areas so you can enjoy unprecedented pure blacks and peak brightness. Combined with Cognitive Processor XR™, it enhances pictures in the same way as your eyes focus, so you won’t miss a single detail in dazzling light or deep shadow.
Screen is the speaker—pictures and sound in harmony
Acoustic Surface Audio＋™ uses special actuators to turn the screen into a multi-channel speaker. You’ll hear sound that precisely matches what’s on screen, with pictures and sound in total harmony for a truly immersive experience.1
Hands-free help from Google
With hands-free voice control built into Google TV, you can set aside your remote and simply use your voice to control your TV. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, and get personalized recommendations on what to watch by saying, “OK Google, what should I watch?” Even get answers on screen, control smart-home devices and more.2, 3, 4, 5
Bring the cinematic experience home; enjoy movies included with BRAVIA XR™
Perfect for PlayStation®6,7
Renew, recycle and reduce, designed for the environment
Sony's BRAVIA XR TVs are designed for immersive experiences with the environment in mind. Sony is committed to using less virgin plastic in their TVs and packaging. The A80K uses recycled plastics in its rear cover. Sony's unique backlight control technologies, BRAVIA CAM and sensors not only deliver high picture quality but also reduce power consumption.
Pure blacks for real-life depth and texture
XR OLED Contrast Pro boosts colour and contrast in bright areas for exceptionally realistic pictures defined by absolute pure blacks and peak brightness. With a temperature sensor and high luminance panel, this OLED TV utilizes Sony's Cognitive Processor XR™ to detect screen temperature and precisely control light so pixels in bright areas are illuminated simultaneously.
A wide colour spectrum for real-world shades and hues
Powered by Sony's Cognitive Processor XR™, XR Triluminos Pro enables A80K to access over a billion colours and reproduce each one with the subtle differences seen in the real world. Together with Sony's wide colour gamut panel and human-centric processor, it can detect colour from saturation, hue and brightness to deliver natural shades in every detail.
Recreating lost texture, all your content upscaled to 4K
With XR 4K Upscaling, you’ll enjoy entertainment close to 4K quality, whatever the content or source. Sony's Cognitive Processor XR™ accesses a vast amount of data, intelligently recreating lost textures and detail for real-world pictures.10
Intelligent motion processing for smooth, fast-moving action
Powered by Sony's Cognitive Processor XR™, XR OLED Motion combats blur by detecting and cross-analyzing key visual elements on successive frames. It creates and inserts extra frames between the original ones so you can enjoy smooth and clear action, even in fast-moving sequences.
Beautiful colours from any angle
Watching TV from the sides is now as satisfying as from the centre. Sony's self-illuminating OLED panel keeps colours consistent and true, wherever you’re watching.
Screen is the speaker—sound follows pictures precisely
Sound comes directly from the screen with Acoustic Surface Audio＋™. Triple actuators behind the TV vibrate to create acoustics that move with the picture. Two actuators on the sides also improve high-frequency sound with clear and natural dialogue. Left and right subwoofers boost bass for immersive sound at home.
All your entertainment upscaled to 3D surround sound
With BRAVIA XR™, everything you watch gets the true surround-sound treatment. XR Surround virtually creates surround sound from the sides and vertically using just the TV speakers, so you can experience 3D audio without the need for in-ceiling or up-firing speakers. Sony's BRAVIA XR™ TVs are also compatible with Dolby Atmos®.
Best with Sony audio
Paired with Sony audio equipment, Sony's latest BRAVIA XR TVs go even further, bringing you an unmatched audio-visual experience with outstanding XR picture and sound quality.
Acoustic Centre Sync
When you connect a BRAVIA XR TV to a Sony soundbar, the soundbar reinforces the centre speaker channel for clearer and fuller vocals. This enables sound to precisely match on-screen action for a truly immersive experience.9
Ready for 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer
Tailor your Dolby Atmos® experience by combining Sony's SRS-NS7 wearable speaker with BRAVIA XR™ for spatial surround sound. With selected Sony headphones, you can also enjoy the simulated surround of 360 Spatial Sound using Wireless Transmitter WLA-NS7 (sold separately).11
Voice Zoom™ 2 enhances voices for clearer dialogue
Hear TV dialogue more clearly without turning up the volume. Even if speech is difficult to hear, Voice Zoom 2 detects the type of voice, analyzes it and enhances its clarity.
Supreme picture quality and sound, whatever the environment
Sit back and enjoy an enthralling viewing experience. Sony's unique ambient optimization technology with light sensor automatically adjusts picture and sound to your environment.
Acoustic Auto Calibration
Step up to even better viewing, optimized with BRAVIA CAM
Connect your BRAVIA XR TV with BRAVIA CAM, sold separately, for an even more immersive viewing experience. BRAVIA CAM recognizes where you are in the room and how far you are from the TV, then adjusts sound and picture settings so they’re just right. Audio is clearer with picture brightness tailored to your viewing environment.11
Discover new ways to enjoy TV with BRAVIA CAM
You’re always in the best seat in the house with BRAVIA CAM. It recognizes where you’re sitting and optimizes the picture and sound accordingly. There’s also gesture controls and other new experiences waiting to be explored.12, 11, 13
Enjoy video chat with friends and family on the big screen
Catch up with your friends and family on the big screen. Enjoy more fun when you pair your TV with BRAVIA CAM.14, 15
What you want to watch, all in one place
Easily access all your favourite content and services hands-free. See 700,000+ movies and TV episodes, all in one place. Google TV brings your favourite content from across your apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you.2, 3, 4
Just for you
Discover new movies and shows from across your subscriptions and content available to you. There’s even a special Kids Profile that helps you guide children to age-appropriate content so they’re never watching something they shouldn’t be. Set favourite kid themes, limit how long they can watch TV, and even set bedtimes.16, 17, 18
Easily control your smart home
Use your voice to control smart-home devices throughout your home. Adjust room temperature, lighting, and more—just ask Google.4, 5
Supersize your smartphone favourites
Quickly and easily enjoy your favourite videos, photos, games and more from your iOS or Android devices on the big screen.19, 20
Easy to wipe, stays clean
Designed with a flush surface featuring lower buttons and a special polyurethane coating, Sony's remote is easy to wipe and keep clean.21, 22
Control all your devices with one smart remote
All your connected devices can be controlled with Sony's smart remote. One-button-access to video-on-demand services brings shows and movies into your room in seconds.21, 23
Minimalist design—all immersion, no distraction
Sony's minimalist One Slate design with a single pane of tempered glass keeps you focused on the picture for truly immersive viewing without distraction. This OLED TV looks and sounds beautiful, whether on a stand or mounted on a wall.
Actual look may differ depending on TV size.
Intuitive 3-way multi-position stand, versatile for any TV positioning
A three-way multi-position stand gives you the choice of a standard setting that focuses you more on the picture, narrow setting for smaller shelves and soundbar setting for ideal positioning of your sound system.24
Metal Flush Surface for immersive viewing
The premium metal bezel is extremely narrow, so your eyes naturally focus on the picture, not what’s around it.
Metal Slim Wedge Stand, design harmony
Sony's premium metal stand has been designed to perfectly match the TV and harmonize with your room and decor.
Even more studio-quality entertainment, as the creator intended
With a range of technologies that preserve the creator’s intent, including an enhanced array of Creator Calibrated Modes, IMAX Enhanced and Dolby Vision®, this TV reproduces all the drama and excitement of the director’s imagination. And as it’s Calman Ready, creators can even professionally calibrate it for use in production edits.25, 26, 27
Watch Netflix in studio quality, automatically optimized
Enjoy Netflix content in spectacular studio quality, just as the creator intended. Developed specifically for Netflix content, Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode works together with the ambient light optimization feature of BRAVIA XR TV to immerse you in your favourite shows by optimizing the picture brightness based on your room lighting conditions.28, 29, 30
1. TV image is simulated. The actual look of the TV may differ depending on model, size and region.
Optimizing pictures for all your favourites
Enjoy more content as the creator intended. With BRAVIA CORE Calibrated mode, all movies including IMAX Enhanced™ titles will automatically adjust to the optimal picture settings to create a truly exceptional at-home movie viewing experience.
3. Hands-free feature availability depends on language and may require software update. Please check Sony support page for further information.
4. Google TV is the name of this device’s software experience and a trademark of Google LLC. Google and Chromecast built-in are trademarks of Google LLC.
5. Google Assistant is not available in certain countries and languages. Availability of services varies by region, country and language.
6. “PlayStation Family Mark,” “PlayStation,” “PS5 logo” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
7. Horizon Forbidden West™: Releasing 2-18-2022. ©2021 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla. Horizon Forbidden West is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.
8. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
9. Acoustic Centre Sync is compatible with Sony Soundbar HT-A7000 /HT-A5000 and Home Theatre System HT-A9. Product availability varies by region.
10. Applicable headphones are WH-1000XM3, WF-1000XM3, WI-1000XM2, WH-1000XM4, WF-1000XM4, WH-XB900N, WH-XB700, WH-H810, WH-H910N, WF-C500, WH-XB910N.
11. Feature will be available via a future firmware update.
12. Actual look of TV and BRAVIA CAM may differ depending on models, size and region. Feature availability varies by models.
13. BRAVIA CAM CMU-BC1 is sold separately, product availability varies by country and region.
14. Google Duo is a trademark of Google LLC. Downloading Google Duo to your BRAVIA TV is required.
15. Supported apps required. App availability varies by region and device. A camera is required for video chat. Camera sold separately.
16. This feature is for users of video streaming apps (TV broadcasts cannot be accessed when using the Kids Profile function).
17. Some functions may not be available while using Kids Profile, such as changing settings or inputs.
18. Service availability may vary by region and country.
19. Chromecast built-in is a trademark of Google LLC. Chromecast built-in compatibility dependent on app.
20. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple TV, AirPlay and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. This Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. iOS 12.2 or later or macOS 10.14.4 or later is required. Apple ID account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
21. Remote design and specification differ depending on region and country.
22. Clean exterior surfaces gently with a dry, clean cloth or household disinfectant wipe (such as Clorox Disinfecting Wipes). Do not spray disinfectant directly on the remote.
23. Controllable device and feature depends on region, country and device.
24. Actual look may differ depending on TV size.
25. IMAX Enhanced content enables the full IMAX Enhanced experience.
26. Dolby Vision content is compatible with streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Video or compatible content device connected via HDMI input. Requires HDMI® cables, sold separately.
27. Requires separately sold Calman calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, a meter (colorimeter, spectrophotometer etc.), and Calman for BRAVIA app to be downloaded from Google Play and installed on your TV. Internet needed to utilize app services on TV. Network services, content and software of this product may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
28. Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, Internet service, device capabilities and content availability.
29. A future firmware update will allow you to adjust picture quality while Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode is enabled.
30. Netflix is a trademark of Netflix Inc.
31. Price may not include “Provincial Environmental Handling Fee (EHF)”.