A closer look at Apple TV 4K.
Siri Remote has a touch-enabled clickpad for precise control.
4K High Frame Rate HDR delivers fluid, crisp video with more realistic colours and greater detail.2
Elevates your entertainment by bringing the Apple experience to your living room.
Gameplay gets more realistic with A12 Bionic.
Watch critically acclaimed Apple Originals, with new shows and movies added every month.3
Try world-class workouts for everyone on your Apple TV. Powered by Apple Watch.3
Enjoy unlimited, ad-free access to Arcade Originals, all-new games produced by Apple.3
Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) brings the best of TV together with access to your favourite Apple services. Its 4K High Frame Rate HDR, with Dolby Atmos sound capabilities, delivers a truly cinematic experience to your screen — whether you’re watching sport or a film.2 You can enjoy content from Apple TV+, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+, as well as live channels from Hulu, YouTubeTV and SlingTV.5
The Siri Remote (2nd generation), with its all-new touch-enabled clickpad, gives you precise control. Click titles, swipe through playlists and use a circular gesture on the outer ring to find just the scene you’re looking for.
What you need
- A TV with HD capability or better6
- HDMI cable for HD streaming, or Dolby Vision–compatible HDMI cable for 4K HDR streaming
- Wired or wireless network
- Broadband internet connection (fees may apply)
Technical support and the Apple TV warranty
Every Apple TV comes with complimentary telephone technical support within 90 days of your Apple TV purchase. In addition, Apple TV and all accessories are covered against defects for one year from the original purchase date by a limited hardware warranty.
Visit the Genius Bar at any Apple Store. There you can get expert advice and friendly face-to-face support for your Apple TV. Make a reservation in advance to guarantee your spot.
|Ports and Interfaces
802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with MIMO; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
Built-in power supply4. Support for up to 4K 60-fps HDR video output. Requires HDCP when playing protected content.
||A12 chip with 64-bit architecture
Purchases, rentals and Home Sharing require an Apple ID that you use for the App Store and other Apple services.
Requires 802.11 wireless, Ethernet network or broadband internet access
Requires 4K and HDR TV for 4K and HDR streaming
Requires acceptance of the software licence terms at apple.com/ca/legal/sla
Requires HDMI cable (sold separately)
HEVC SDR up to 1080p, 30 fps, Main/Main 10 profile
HEVC Dolby Vision (Profile 5)/HDR10 (Main 10 profile) up to 2160p, 60 fps
H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
||HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound) and Dolby Atmos
||HEIF, JPEG, GIF, TIFF
Compatible with HD and UHD TVs with HDMI44
Compatible with Bluetooth keyboards54. Support for up to 4K 60-fps HDR video output. Requires HDCP when playing protected content.
5. Compatible with Magic Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard (2011). Visit support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201806 to find out which model you have.
† $5.99/month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer valid for three months after eligible device activation. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply.
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. High Frame Rate HDR content is currently limited. Additional content available soon.
3. Subscription required for Apple TV+, Apple Fitness+ and Apple Arcade.
4. Siri Remote is compatible with Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
5. Not all content is available in 4K or 4K HDR. 4K resolution requires 4K-capable TV. Accessing Dolby Atmos features requires a Dolby Atmos–capable system. Playback quality will depend on hardware and internet connection.
6. Subscription may be required to access some content.
Services are not available in all countries or regions and are subject to change.