Today, many amplifiers do not have a specific phono cartridge input. Phono Box MM is an ideal phono preamplifier for these hifi systems. Phono Box MM accepts MM and high-output MC cartridges and offers an audiophile music experience at an entry-level price. Advanced circuitry keeps noise and distortion at a surprisingly low level.
The metal case shielding and an outboard DC power supply leave no risk for external interference. Because of its small casing, Phono Box MM can be placed near the turntable. Input and output sockets are gold-plated for preservation of quality. Phono Box MM can be connected easily to a line-input (AUX etc) of your amplifier.
Pro-Ject Phono Box MM Preamplifier Highlights:
- Amplification and RIAA equalisation for MM and High-Output MC cartridges.
- Metal case shields the electronics from vibrational and electromagnetic interference.
- Special low-noise ICs used.
- Optimal channel separation through dual-mono circuitry.
- Gold plated RCA connection sockets.
- DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power).
- Small size allows installation close to record player.
- Input impedance: 47 kOhm/120 pF
- Gain: 40 dB
- Output voltage: 500 mV/1 kHz at 5 mV/1 kHz
- Noise floor: 88 dB (A weighted)
- THD: <0,04%
- Input: 1 pair RCA/phono sockets
- Line-level output: 1 pair RCA/phono sockets
- Outboard power supply: 18 V / 500 mA DC, suitable for your country's mains supply
- Power consumption: 20 mA DC