Headphones Should Also Perform Like a Musical Instrument.
JVC wanted to reproduce the beautiful natural sounds of a violin, guitar, and piano with headphones. However, wood, an ideal material for use in musical instruments, wasn’t an easy material to use when making a headphone diaphragm. But the sound professionals at JVC used their experience designing and building wood cone speakers and met the challenge. Their philosophy of “In Quest for the Original Sound” and the unique properties of wood combined to open a new door to the expressive power of music.
Wood Dome Diaphragm
The wood diaphragm that is compatible with Hi-res Audio sources draws its natural and delicate sound from WOOD to provide high-resolution sound full of realism.
Experience the variety of sounds played by full orchestra instruments and the astonishing presence as if as if you are in front of the performers.
High-energy Magnetic circuit Inner-ear
Linearity of the headphone has been greatly enhanced thanks to new plate shape that improves the driving force received by the voice coil.
Enhanced Driving Force
Newly developed plate shape has been adopted for the magnetic circuit. This makes it possible to effectively use the magnetic force of a powerful neodymium magnet and improves the driving force received by the voice coil.
By adopting a new plate shape, the fluctuation of the driving force when the voice coil moves back and forth has been suppressed, and distortion is reduced. Magnetic force has been improved in the ideal direction with a good balance between the front and rear.
Applying the technology of our original Spiral Dot Earpieces, JVC improved the resolution by effectively arranging the dot protrusions that diffuse unnecessary sound on the front of the unit. This diffuses the sound and achieves natural sound dispersion.
Vibration is suppressed by using wood parts on the back of the driver unit (the outermost part). This helps to optimally control the housing sound to achieve clear sound without muddying.
A combination of different materials such as stainless steel, brass, and aluminum helps to control unwanted vibrations and allows the purity of the sound to come through.
JVC Wood In-Ear Headphones Highlights:
- Wood 11.0mm dome unit for faithful reproduction of hi-resolution audio sources.
- Ergonomically-designed form with a secure fit.
- Naturally spreading sound with the newly developed acoustic purifier.
- Quad metal harmonizer suppresses unnecessary vibration for beautiful sound.
- Wooden stabilizer for clear sound by suppressing vibration.
- L/R isolated grounding cable.
- 1.2m detachable braided cable with MMCX connector and gold-plated slim plug.
- Spiral dot earpieces in 5 sizes (S/MS/M/ML/L), Low-resilience earpieces in 2 sizes (S/M), cable keeper, clip, carrying case included.