Bonus 2 Year Warranty On This Television
Visions Electronics Rewards members receive an additional year of warranty on this television from date of purchase up to a maximum of 2 years.
For more information about this warranty and the additional benefits of becoming a Rewards Member, please visit our Rewards sign-up page by
The processor that brings the best out of OLED's beauty
The same powerful processor used to drive Sony's 8K2 TVs precisely analyzes image data to bring out the intense contrast of OLED, with pure blacks, peak brightness and truly realistic pictures.
Boosting colour and contrast for extra depth and realism
See real-world colours, discover the detail in deep shadow and bright highlights. With Pixel Contrast Booster, colour and contrast are enhanced in bright areas so you can enjoy scenes full of lifelike shades and hues, more depth, fine texture and the pure black contrast that only OLED can deliver.
Making colour and contrast more real
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the colour in individual objects on screen is analyzed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Since objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures, and more realistic pictures.
Supreme resolution, whatever you’re watching
Any kind of content can be upconverted to lifelike 4K resolution with Sony’s unique features. Sony's Picture Processor X1 Ultimate, twice as fast as the X1 Extreme, precisely analyzes and processes data to enrich 4K4 pictures with real-world detail and texture. Even images filmed in 2K and Full HD are upscaled to close to 4K by 4K X-Reality PRO5 using a unique 4K database. Resolution of each subject is then optimized by Object-based Super Resolution to reproduce virtually real-world textures.
Reproduces a wider, more precise range of colours
By widening the colour spectrum, TRILUMINOS powered by Sony X1 processors reproduces more colours than a conventional television. It analyzes and processes data in every image to make colours even more natural and precise so pictures are closer than ever to real life.
Making fast-moving scenes bright and clear
With pictures created by millions of individually controlled pixels, everything is sharp and clear on OLED. And with our X-Motion Clarity technology, even fast action stays smooth and clear. Moving images are precisely controlled to minimize blur so that pictures remain true with less loss in brightness during high-speed scenes.
Beautiful colours from any angle
Watching TV from the sides is now as satisfying as from the centre. Our self-illuminating OLED panel keeps colours consistent and true, wherever you’re watching.
Sound and picture in harmony—the screen is the speaker
By having the screen act as the speaker, sound and picture work perfectly together with sound coming from the right place on the screen for a more cinematic experience.
Incredibly immersive sound from the screen
Sound on conventional TVs with a speaker located below the screen is often out of sync with the picture. With our Acoustic Surface Audio, the screen is the speaker. An innovative actuator behind the screen vibrates discreetly to create sound, so what you hear comes from the place in the scene where the action is happening—dialogue from characters, engine noise from a car.
Sound flows around you with Dolby Atmos
Be surrounded by sound as if you are right there in the scene. With Dolby Atmos, sound comes from above as well as from the sides so you can hear objects moving overhead with more realism for a truly multi-dimensional experience.6, 7
Enjoy multidimensional sound with S-Force Front Surround
Hear sound as you would from a separate multi surround speaker. By upconverting inputs, S-Force Front Surround virtually reproduces a multi surround speaker system within your TV so you can enjoy all the thrills of more immersive sound.
Clearly hear voices
With Voice Zoom, you can hear human speech clearly without having to turn up the volume—ideal for news bulletins and documentaries.
Supreme pictures and sound, whatever the environment
Sit back and enjoy the best possible viewing experience. Sony’s unique ambient optimization technology automatically adjusts picture and sound to your environment.
Brightness refined for your room
On conventional TVs, brightness stays the same regardless of light in a room, resulting in pictures that are too dark or bright. This 4K OLED TV includes an embedded light sensor that optimizes picture brightness to room conditions, boosting brightness in light rooms and reducing it in dark ones, so you get the perfect view.
Sound tailored to your environment
Sound experience can change depending on your room environment. For example, curtains absorb sound, while objects in front of the TV can disturb the passage of sound, compromising the quality of what you hear. This 4K4 Ultra HD TV detects objects and reproduces sound that’s enhanced and optimized to your room.
Incredibly thin one-slate design concept
With Sony's super-slim one-slate design, the screen meets the edge of the TV, immersing you in the picture without distraction.3
See how Sony's beautiful design immerses you in the action3
The slim and simple one-slate design keeps you focused on the screen while blending harmoniously in any room environment.
Narrow metal bezel
Keeps you focused on the picture, not the television.
Flexible Metal Blade Stand, soundbar-ready
The direction of this versatile stand can be adjusted so your TV display won’t disturb your viewing, even when used with a soundbar.
Cable clutter minimized
Cable holders keep wires neatly hidden so your television stays free of clutter and looks good from the front, the sides and the back.8
Easy access, easy living
With easy access to all your favourite content, services and devices, Sony Android Smart TVs make life simpler.9
Say what you want to watch
Find your favourite content faster than ever using the power of your voice. With Voice Search, there’s no more complicated navigation or tiresome typing – you just have to ask.10
Watch what you love. Control it with your voice.
You can ask your Google Assistant to find your favorites. It's truly effortless and offers the ultimate viewing experience. Control your Sony TV and other connected devices using your voice – there's no smarter way to run your life.11, 12, 13
Over 5,000 apps, more than any other smart TV
Sony’s Android Smart TV has an unbeatable number of apps. Choose the ones that make your life more fun and entertaining.14
No more waiting
Apps start fast and there’s no more waiting when you switch between apps—Netflix starts 3x faster than before.15
Sony Android TVs are recommended by Netflix
Netflix have created an easy way for you to identify TVs with better performance, easier app access and new features that make for a better smart TV. Netflix-recommended TVs help you enjoy popular shows and movies with a dedicated button and voice control.
Enjoy studio quality with Netflix Calibrated Mode
This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator's vision and intent is faithfully preserved.16
Get started with just one button
Sony TVs have a dedicated Netflix button, so you can start streaming with just one click.17
Easily connect to your favourite compatible devices
Connect with Your Alexa
Connect your Alexa-enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.18
Works with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
Works with Apple AirPlay/Apple HomeKit19
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream video and audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from Apple TV app, your favourite apps, or even Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.
Your new smart life
Send to a Bigger, Better Screen with Chromecast
Chromecast lets you cast your favourite videos, games and apps from your mobile device, in full quality, to your TV. Just one tap of the Cast button on your Android or iOS screen is all you need to supersize the things you love. Cast your content then continue browsing on your phone or tablet.20
A remote that's easy to use
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set-top boxes and other devices via HDMI to your OLED Smart TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use too.20
Experience content as the creator intended
When pictures are digitally compressed from film to TV, quality is compromised and your experience is not as the director intended in the studio. A wide range of unique features lets you enjoy studio-quality entertainment in your own home, just as the director intended.
Embrace the thrills of the cinema
Enjoy cinematic thrills at home. Dolby Vision brings scenes vividly to life for authentic viewing, while Dolby Atmos™ fills the room with immersive surround sound.
Preserving the passion of the creators
To address colour variations from the production process, this TV is ready to use Portrait Displays’ high-performance Calman auto-calibration software. This allows an unprecedented level of calibration and the ability to fine tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings. It delivers high-fidelity colour reproduction that’s true to the original TV signal and can even adapt to the subtlest changes in colour that may occur over time. This TV is Calman Ready, allowing customers to benefit from software used by visual creators in post-production, quality-control workflows, further demonstrating our commitment to deliver pictures with professional-grade colour-calibrated accuracy in the home.21
1. Price does not include “Provincial Environmental Handling Fee (EHF)”. For more details see recyclemyelectronics.ca/.
2. 8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels
3. Actual look may differ depending on TV size.
4. 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
5. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
6. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, and the double-D symbol are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. in the Unites States and/or other countries.
7. Requires HDMI cable and High Resolution media with capable source device.
8. Actual look may differ depending on the type of cable used and TV size.
9. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for SD services, 10 Mbps for HD streaming or 4K downloads, 20 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Network services, content, and the operating system and software of this product may be subject to individual terms and conditions; may be changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Apps must be compatible with TV.
11. Use for compatible devices and voice search: Compatible devices require internet connection. Voice Search is available using the included remote control, Android TV Remote Control application with Android 4.0 or higher, or using Sony’s TV SideView application available for Android 4.0.3 or higher or iOS 7.0 or higher.
12. User must connect to a Google account to use, including voice to activate linked apps.
13. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for SD services, 10 Mbps for HD streaming or 4K downloads, 20 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Network services, content, and the operating system and software of this product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Apps must be compatible with TV.
14. Based on market research June 2019.
15. Compared with Sony's Android TV launched in 2016.
16. Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, Internet service, device capabilities and content availability.
17. Remote design and specification may differ depending on country.
18. Amazon Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) compatible with Sony TVs powered by Android TV. Amazon account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
19. AirPlay and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
20. Controllable device and feature depends on country and device.
21. Requires CalMAN calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, and a meter.
22. This product is also known as XBR-55A8H, XBR-65A8H, XBR55A8H, XBR65A8H
23. 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, EXTRA BASS and its logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.