Just the right amount
A new dual‑camera system captures more of what you see and love. The fastest chip ever in a smartphone and all‑day battery life let you do more and charge less. And the highest‑quality video in a smartphone, so your memories look better than ever.
Love at first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth sight.
It just got a whole lot harder to take a bad photo.
All‑new dual‑camera system. Take your photos from wide to ultra wide. A redesigned interface uses the new Ultra Wide camera to show you what’s happening outside the frame — and lets you capture it. Shoot and edit videos as easily as you do photos. It’s the world’s most popular camera, now with a whole new perspective.
The new Wide sensor has 100 percent Focus Pixels for up to three times faster autofocus in low light.
12MP Ultra Wide
Capturing four times more scene, it’s great for landscapes, travel, groups, large interiors and action shots.
Kick your video up a notch. Over a smidge. Or down a hair.
Shoot and edit the highest-quality video in a smartphone.iPhone 11 shoots beautifully sharp 4K video at 60 fps across all its cameras. The Ultra Wide camera captures four times more scene, so it’s perfect for action shots like your dog catching a frisbee. If you’re recording a performance — say, your kid’s piano recital — when you zoom in, the audio zooms too. And now you can edit videos as easily as you do photos.
“OK, everyone, scooch out a bit.”
New Ultra Wide camera. Go big — the new Ultra Wide camera captures four times more scene. Think breathtaking landscapes that go on forever. Capturing the entire stage and crowd at a music festival. And vacation shots that show the whole family — including the views you travelled 17,000 kilometres for.
Not enough light?
Introducing Night mode. Shooting in low light doesn’t have to be a shot in the dark. Night mode is a new feature that turns on automatically for low‑light photos like you’ve never seen. There’s no need for flash, colours are more natural and photos are brighter.
Take portraits to new places. With new kinds of portraits and more lighting controls, the dual cameras in iPhone 11 work together to create stunning images. And Portrait mode now works with everything you love to shoot — that includes your best friends, two‑legged or four.
The easiest form of flattery.
Next‑generation Smart HDR. Thanks to machine learning, Smart HDR is more intelligent than ever. It recognizes people and treats them differently from the rest of the shot. So faces have beautiful highlights, shadows and natural‑looking skin tones. And that stunning sunset in the background still looks gorgeous.
Go from pics to video faster than a speeding toddler.
Start shooting video instantly with QuickTake. Take a video simply by holding the shutter while in photo mode. Then swipe to the right to continue recording. If you’re shooting outdoors, the A13 Bionic can use machine learning to automatically track a moving subject.
Slo-mo your selfie.
Introducing the slofie. Everything looks cooler at 120 fps, even if you’re just saying cheese, waving hi or tossing your hair in the breeze. And now you can add more of everything to your selfies thanks to the new 12MP TrueDepth camera. Just turn your iPhone to landscape and the camera automatically zooms out to fit more in.
Designed to take a spill and a splash.
The toughest glass in a smartphone.
Front glass and back glass are strengthened through a dual ion‑exchange process.
Water-resistant to twice the depth.
iPhone 11 is water-resistant up to 2 metres for up to 30 minutes — double the depth of iPhone XR.1
Roses are red, violets are violet.
Liquid Retina LCD. The true-to-life all-screen design makes everything look amazing.
True Tone. Adjusts the white balance to match the colour temperature of the light around you.
Tap or raise to wake. Your iPhone is ready in an instant.
Haptic Touch. Do all kinds of essential things faster with contextual menus and shortcuts.
All in a day’s charge.
All-day battery life. Hardware and software work together to get the most out of your battery. And thanks to fast‑charge capability, you can recharge in less time.
A chip that’s all Pro.
Both iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro have the fastest chip ever in a smartphone. A13 Bionic is so powerful, everything you do is fast and fluid. It also works in the most power‑efficient way possible, so your battery lasts longer. In fact, A13 Bionic is so advanced, it’s years ahead of the pack.
“Look Mom, no thumbs.” Face ID is easier and more secure than Touch ID.
The most secure facial authentication in a smartphone. Face ID lets you unlock your iPhone instantly and it’s even more secure than Touch ID. With just a glance you can sign in to apps, access accounts and pay with Apple Pay. And setting it up is quick and simple.
iPhone 11 privacy.
Every feature in iPhone is designed to protect your personal information. Face ID doesn’t store or share your photo. When you send an iMessage or make a FaceTime call, your data is encrypted. And Maps tells you where you're going without sharing where you’ve been.
Share. Find. Play. More precisely than ever.
Ultra Wideband technology comes to iPhone. The new Apple‑designed U1 chip uses Ultra Wideband technology for spatial awareness — allowing iPhone 11 to precisely locate other U1‑equipped Apple devices. Think GPS at the scale of your living room. So if you want to share a file with someone using AirDrop, just point your iPhone at theirs and they’ll be first on the list.3
Love it. Even when you leave it.
iPhone holds its value longer. Every iPhone is engineered with premium materials and built to last. But when it’s finally time to let go — we feel you — trade it in for your next iPhone. Your old one will be recycled or go to a new owner.
The other good stuff.
Simulates surround sound for a more immersive experience.
Sound moves around you in 3D space — you feel like you’re inside the action.
Put your iPhone on any Qi-certified charger for cord-free charging.4
Charge your battery to up to 50 percent in just 30 minutes with an 18W charger (sold separately).5
Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) lets you download up to 38 percent faster.
Up to 30 LTE bands for the best worldwide roaming.6
Pair two sets of AirPods or Beats headphones to one iPhone.7
Dual SIM with eSIM
Have one number for business and another for personal calls.8
1. iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are splash-, water- and dust-resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions; iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 4 metres up to 30 minutes) and iPhone 11 has a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 metres up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
2. All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/ca/batteries and apple.com/ca/iphone/battery.html for more information.
3. Available September 30, 2019.
4. Qi wireless chargers sold separately.
5. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2019 using preproduction iPhone 11 units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (18W Model A1720, 29W Model A1540, 30W Model A1882, 61W Model A1947 and 87W Model A1719). Fast‑charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
6. Data plan required. Gigabit-class LTE, VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling are available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see apple.com/ca/iphone/LTE.
7. Coming Fall 2019.
8. Use of eSIM requires a wireless service plan (which may include restrictions on switching service providers and roaming, even after contract expiration). Not all carriers support eSIM. Use of eSIM in iPhone may be disabled when purchased from some carriers. See your carrier for details. To learn more, visit https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT209044.