Sonos Era 300
Spatial audio like only Sonos can do spatial audio. Introducing Era 300.
With next-level audio that hits from every direction, Era 300 doesn’t just surround you, it puts you inside your music. Connect to all your content and devices using WiFi, Bluetooth®, and 3.5 mm line in1. Immerse yourself in the ultimate Dolby Atmos experience when you pair two with Arc or Beam (Gen 2)2.
1. Speaker must be set up on WiFi with the Sonos app to play audio. Line in requires an auxiliary cable and the Sonos Line-In Adapter, both sold separately.
2. Sonos products connect over WiFi. Stream Dolby Atmos Music over WiFi with a supported service and content. Experience Dolby Atmos home theater content with a compatible TV and HDMI eARC or HDMI ARC connection.
1. Stream Dolby Atmos Music over WiFi with a supported service and content.
- Featuring six optimally positioned drivers all around the front, sides, and top to support Dolby Atmos Music, the breakthrough acoustic design projects sound from wall to wall and floor to ceiling, immersing you in every dimension of the song1.
- No matter where you are or what you play, the listening experience is nothing short of extraordinary. Custom waveguides disperse sound right, left, forward, and above, creating a sensationally spacious stereo soundstage you can enjoy all around the room.
- Stream from all your favorite services over WiFi. Pair a Bluetooth® device with the press of a button. Connect a turntable or other audio source using an auxiliary cable and the Sonos Line-In Adapter2.
- Experience mind-bending multichannel surround sound when you pair two speakers with Sonos Arc or Beam (Gen 2). Supercharged by Dolby Atmos, the lateral and overhead channels in each product create an all-encompassing soundstage to envelop you in the story3.
- Enjoy free music, original content, and thousands of live stations on Sonos Radio. Play music with hands-free ease and unmatched privacy using Sonos Voice Control. Plus, access new features and services with regular software updates4.
2. Speaker must be set up on WiFi with the Sonos app to play audio. Adapter and auxiliary cable both sold separately.
3. Sonos products connect over WiFi. Experience Dolby Atmos home theater content with a compatible TV and HDMI eARC or HDMI ARC connection.
4. Availability of services varies by country and language.
Take your spatial audio experience above and beyond
Featuring six optimally positioned drivers all around the front, sides, and top to support Dolby Atmos Music, the breakthrough acoustic design projects sound from wall to wall and floor to ceiling, immersing you in every dimension of the song1.
1. Stream Dolby Atmos Music over WiFi with a supported service and content.
Make the whole room the sweet spot
No matter where you are or what you play, the listening experience is nothing short of extraordinary. Custom waveguides disperse sound right, left, forward, and above, creating a sensationally spacious stereo soundstage you can feel all around the room.
An acoustic and aesthetic masterpiece
The first-of-its-kind design exquisitely balances sonic performance and visual appeal, precisely angling each driver while looking worthy of display.
Play from any service or device
Stream the highest-quality audio from anywhere in your home without interruptions from calls or notifications.
Surround sound so real it's surreal
Experience mind-bending surround sound when you pair two speakers with Sonos Arc or Beam (Gen 2). Supercharged by Dolby Atmos, the lateral and overhead channels in each product create an all-encompassing soundstage.⁴
4. Sonos products connect over WiFi. Experience Dolby Atmos home theater content with a compatible TV and HDMI eARC or HDMI ARC connection.
Bewilderingly easy to set up
Go from unboxing to unbelievable sound in just a few minutes. Simply plug in the power cable, connect your phone or tablet to WiFi, and open the Sonos app.
Perfectly tuned for the room
With a tap in the Sonos app, Trueplay™ tuning technology analyzes the unique acoustics of your space and optimizes the speaker’s EQ. So all your content sounds just the way it should.
Music comes standard
Discover free music, original content, and thousands of live stations from around the world on Sonos Radio. Find it in the Sonos app as soon as you set up your system.
Control your way
- Touch and go: Intuitive touch controls provide quick, screen-free control. Just tap or swipe to play, pause, adjust the volume, and group your Sonos speakers.
- One app does it all like it's nothing: The Sonos app brings all your content and settings together in one place for effortless control from any room.
- Get extra help from Amazon Alexa: Ask Alexa to control your smart home devices, manage your calendar and more.
- Use your favourite app: Control Sonos directly from supported apps including Spotify and TIDAL.
- Share audio from your Apple devices: Stream directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. With the Apple Home app, you can even use Siri on your device to play Apple Music.
Your voice, your choice
Era 300 is designed for ease of listening and mind, with multiple ways to protect your privacy.
Elevate your setup with accessories
Optimize the placement of your speaker with a custom mount or stand designed to minimize acoustic reflections and elegantly conceal the power cable.
Customize your sound system
Mix and match products that fit all the places and ways your want to listen. Pair identical speakers for richer stereo sound, build a surround sound system for home theatre, and feel even more immersed when you add Sonos to every room.
Where should I place Era 300?
For optimal sound quality, Era 300 should be placed indoors and have approximately two feet of overhead clearance. Placement in an enclosed space such as a bookshelf is not recommended as this could impact dispersion and playback clarity.
Does Era 300 support stereo pairing?
Yes. For an even wider soundstage and more depth, pair two Era 300 speakers in the same room. These can also be used as rear speakers for multichannel surround sound with Arc or Beam (Gen 2).
What soundbars will pair with Era 300 for surround sound?
Because Era 300 is a multichannel rear speaker, it requires a Sonos soundbar that supports Dolby Atmos, i.e. Arc or Beam (Gen 2). For this reason, Era 300 is not compatible with Playbar, Playbase, Beam (Gen 1), or Ray.
Which subwoofer should I pair with Era 300?
Era 300 has great bass on its own. For a richer, more powerful sound experience, we recommend pairing Era 300 with Sub (any generation).
What is spatial audio?
While audio mixed in stereo is limited to left and right channels with elements localized within a horizontal plane, spatial audio technologies, such as Dolby Atmos, allow creators to place individual sounds all around you in 3D space for a more immersive and realistic listening experience. When you enjoy spatial audio content on Era 300, the speaker receives the audio signal and re-creates the immersive sound field in your home.
How can I experience spatial audio on Era 300?
To experience music in spatial audio, you’ll need to be connected to WiFi and streaming Dolby Atmos Music from a supported service.
To experience movies, shows, and games in spatial audio, you’ll need to have two Era 300 speakers paired with either Arc or Beam (Gen 2), including a supported TV, HDMI eARC connection, and Dolby Atmos content.
Can I use Bluetooth® as soon as I plug in the speaker?
Era 300 must first be set up on WiFi using the Sonos app. Following setup, you can easily pair a Bluetooth device by pressing the button on the back of the speaker. Please note that if you use a pair as rear speakers for home theater surround sound, Bluetooth will be disabled.
What's the difference between Bluetooth and WiFi?
A WiFi connection provides the best listening experience, allowing you to stream lossless and spatial audio from anywhere in your home. Bluetooth allows you to quickly connect a phone, tablet, or laptop to your speaker and stream audio directly from the paired device — without the Sonos app but within a limited range
Can I use Bluetooth with a stereo pair?
If you have created a stereo pair, you can still stream audio using Bluetooth. Please note that if you use a pair of speakers for home theater surround sound, Bluetooth and Line-In will be disabled.
Can I group speakers while using Bluetooth?
Yes. Similar to the experience with Sonos Roam and Move, if you are playing content from a Bluetooth source, you can group Era 300 with other products in your Sonos system that are connected to WiFi.
How can I use line in?
To connect an audio device directly to Era 300, you need to use the Sonos Line-In Adapter and a 3.5 mm auxiliary cable, both sold separately.
How do I connect my turntable to Sonos?
You can connect your turntable to Era 300 using the Sonos Line-In Adapter and an auxiliary cable.
- Amplifiers: Six class-D digital amplifiers precision-tuned for the speaker's unique acoustic architecture power your sound experience.
- Woofers: Two woofers maximize low-end output and are angled left and right to support stereo playback.
- Tweeters: Four tweeters ensure faithful playback of high and mid-range frequencies. The forward-firing mid tweeter provides a smooth center image while two side-firing mid tweeters create stereo separation. Loaded into a directional horn, the upward-firing tweeter reflects sound off the ceiling when playing Dolby Atmos content.
- Microphones: The far-field microphone array uses advanced beamforming and multichannel echo cancellation for quick and accurate voice control and Trueplay tuning. Disconnect by toggling off the mic switch.
- Adjustable EQ: Use the Sonos app to adjust bass, treble, and loudness.
- Trueplay: This software measures the acoustics of the room then fine-tunes the EQ. Compatible with iOS and Android devices
Power & Connectivity
- WiFi: Compatible with WiFi 6. Connect to WiFi with any 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz/5 GHz broadcast-capable router.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 supports audio streaming from any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- USB-C: Connect an audio source using an auxiliary cable and the Sonos Line-In Adapter. Connect your router with an ethernet cable and the Sonos Combo Adapter. (All accessories sold separately.)
- Voltage: 100-240V 50/60Hz internal power supply
- CPU: Quad Core 4xA55 1.9GHz
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher
- WiFi Internet connection
- Nearby electrical outlet
- The latest generation of the Sonos app running on a compatible device