Nikon Z 30 Mirrorless Body Only
Compact, lightweight 4K setup for creators, vloggers and streamers
Packed with the features creators, vloggers and streamers want. Crisp, clean 4K video that will help you stand out. A flip-out touchscreen to keep you in front of the camera. Fast, reliable autofocus, crystal clear audio, creative in-camera filters and convenient controls—all in a compact, lightweight package that will inspire your best work yet.
Elevate your content with standout video quality
Crisp, clear 4K resolution, Autofocus that tracks eyes, Beautiful blurred backgrounds, Brilliant detail in low light
Effortless live streaming up to 60p
Stand out among a competitive field of streamers with Full HD 60p and 4K 30p video quality. Also works great with compatible web conferencing applications.
Fast, reliable autofocus
Eye-Detect AF Mode
Eye and face tracking
This feature locks on to the eyes of people, dogs and cats and follows them.
Auto Area AF Mode
Focus automatically repositions when you hold something up to the camera.
Red REC lamp
Always know when you're recording.
LCD closes inward to avoid fingerprints, smudges or scratches.
Tap the screen to change focus positions and adjust brightness. When shooting photos, you can also set the self-timer.
Crystal clear audio
Built-in stereo mic
Outdoor wind muff (sold separately)
External mic ready. (External mic sold separately)
Easy to Use
A shortcut to settings you use the most
Easily build a custom i menu and access it with the press of a button.
Let the camera select the best settings for your situation.
Steady handheld shots
Z 30 kit lenses* have powerful image stabilization technology that reduces shakiness when you’re walking and talking. The Z 30 also has built-in e-VR when you want extra stabilization for video.
*Z 30 Lens kit not included, sold separately.
Remote control keeps you front and center
Free camera control app
See what the camera sees, start and stop recording and take photos with the free Nikon SnapBridge app.
Optional Bluetooth® remote
Start and stop recording, take phots, control playback and access menus from a distance. Included in the Z 30 Creator’s Accessory Kit.
Sharp details. Natural skin tones. Great for thumbnail images, promotional posts, stories and the kind of photos that go beyond what a smartphone can achieve.
Need constant power? Just plug in the camera.
When you’re near a power source, use a USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable like the Nikon UC-E25 to shoot all day. (UC-E25 Cable sold separately)
Keep rolling for over 2 hours straight.
Let the Z 30 roll for up to 125 minutes* so you can record take after take without having to start and stop the camera.
Need help? Tap the (?)
See a short, clear explanation of what each camera setting does. Learn while you use the camera.
Transfer photos andshort video clips to your smart device.
Use the free Nikon SnapBridge app to wirelessly share between the Z 30 and a compatible smartphone or tablet in the moment.
- Front-facing Vari-Angle touchscreen-LCD lets you see yourself in the scene as you compose your shots, confirm the frame, adjust focus and make sure you are always camera-ready. The bright 3.0 inch high-res screen will also feel familiar with the ability to swipe, pinch and zoom through playback and menus, while it also tilts to easily frame unique angles from below the hip or from above.
- The Nikon Z 30 and NIKKOR Z lenses help you create soft, blurred backgrounds that are a hallmark of higher quality content. The main subject remains sharp, in order to draw your viewer’s attention toward you or anything you want them to see, whether it’s a face or prominent product shot.
- Reliably fast and sharp autofocus keeps you in focus, precisely following as you move around the scene, with the added benefit of Eye Detection AF.
- REC lamp acts as a tally light, illuminating on the front of the camera to confirm recording and peace of mind.
- Higher quality audio enhances your content thanks to a built-in stereo microphone, plus an additional input for using a more powerful external stereo or directional microphone.
- Get it all in one take with more than two hours (125 minutes1) of recording time, which is ideal for longer videos such as an extensive DIY.
- Superior low light performance gives you the freedom to shoot indoors, when it’s cloudy or at night, for clear and sharp video, with minimal noise and fast focus. Even in low light, the fulltime focus will continuously track you while walking with the screen in self-portrait mode. The ISO range goes up to 25600 for video and 51200 for photos, enabling sharp rendering of details and textures in lower light.
- Sharp video quality at up to 4K 30P UHD with plenty of room to punch in, or Full HD up to 120P to easily create dramatic slow-motion. What you see is what you get, as the Z 30 captures 4K with no additional crop so you don’t lose any of your frame.
- Get the look you want with the Picture Control Auto function, which adjusts the video settings according to the scene. There are also 20 different types of Creative Picture Controls to add creative flair to video, and eliminate the need for extra color grading.
- Using Nikon’s precise color profiling, scenes and skin tones are reproduced naturally and accurately straight out of camera, with a genuinely inviting vibe that’s never cold or clinical.
- Record on widely available SD cards, which come in a variety of large sizes.
- Keep the camera running using an external USB-C power source, a great feature that can eliminate the need to swap batteries during a shoot. The camera works with Nikon’s free Webcam Utility streaming software to integrate for streaming or web conferences.
- Minimalist, lightweight design that is easy to carry and vlog with. This is the smallest and lightest Z series mirrorless camera ever made. The form factor and weight is made for content creation, vlogging and streaming. It’s balanced and comfortable to hold for long periods of time and small enough to pack. Simple dials give you complete control of settings like aperture and shutter speed for a desired effect.
- Always connected to your phone (iOS or Android)2 for easy automatic transfer of images using the free Nikon SnapBridge App. If your workflow is editing and posting from your phone, you can also connect to wirelessly send videos from the Z 30 to your device. Using the app, you can also use your phone as a remote control to start and stop your recording, when you are in front of the camera.
Superb Still-Camera Features
Create better thumbnails and cross-promote posts for your other channels that drive to your video content using the Z 30. The 20 megapixel APS-C /DX-format CMOS sensor captures super-sharp and high-res still images, in any kind of light. Whether you’re shooting a once in a lifetime landscape shot, a cooking close up , the Milky Way at midnight or a gorgeous portrait, users have the option to use fully automatic modes or get creative with advanced settings.
The Z 30 is also incredibly fast, with the ability to capture people and pets at up to 11 fps3. What’s more, if you love what you’re seeing in the LCD, you can even snap a selfie while recording video.