ASUS Chromebook CX1
A broader view to get more done
ASUS Chromebook CX1 (CX1700) is made for boosting productivity and multitasking while having more fun — all day, every day. This ultimate 17-inch device is powered by up to a dual-core Intel® Celeron® processor and gives you the freedom of up to 17-hour battery life®. The slim-bezel design fits more screen into the compact chassis for easy multitasking and incredibly immersive entertainment, and the device is your gateway to the best of Google, including the rich library of apps for work or play on the Google Play®. With speedy performance, robust security and convenient features, ASUS Chromebook CX1 is perfect for learning or working from anywhere!
Tough enough to take anywhere
With structural reinforcements to boost chassis strength, ASUS Chromebook CX1 is solidly built and provides durability for all your travels. It also meets next-level and industry-leading MIL-STD 810H US military tests3, which are more rigorous and demanding than ever before. Additionally, the device undergoes stringent in-house testing — including panel-pressure, shock and drop tests — for ensuring maximal toughness, so you don’t have to worry about everyday knocks and bumps.
Withstands three harsh shocks in each direction at a force of 120 G / 3 ms.
Withstands 5-500 Hz physical vibrations in all directions for one hour.
Operates as normal at 15,000 feet to simulate an aircraft cargo hold andin-flight operation.
Panel Pressure Test
Laptop must endure 25 kg of force on the lid and bottom without LCD panel damage.
Keyboard Durability Test
Designed for a lifespan of up to 10,000,000 keystrokes.
Subjects the laptop to up to 30,000 open-and-close cycles.
Port Durability Test
Tested with 5,000insertion-and-removal cycles.
Shipboard Vibration Test
Withstands 4-33 Hz of environmental vibration for 2 hours.
Sand and Dust Test
Endures combined conditions of 1.2 g/m3 particle density, 28 m/s air velocity and 60°C.
Survives conditions of 85% humidity and 40°C for 24 hours both with the power on and off.
Thermal Shock Test
Endures temperature changes of -51°C to 71°C for an hour through 3 cycles.
Endures 50°C and 0°C with the power on for 20 hours.
Exceptional typing experience
A full-size, ergonomic keyboard with 1.5 mm key travel ensures supremely comfortable typing experiences on ASUS Chromebook CX1 — typing on a compact device has never been this smooth and easy! The device also features a numeric keypad for convenient, intuitive number input.
Easy idea sharing
ASUS Chromebook CX1 offers a 180° lay-flat hinge that allows it to be fully opened and laid completely flat on a desk or table. This setup makes it easy to share ideas, visuals, samples and designs when you’re working with friends, colleagues or clients.
Breeze through work
Powered by up to a dual-core Intel® processor, ASUS Chromebook CX1 delivers excellent performance for responsive experiences with your favorite apps. Combined with the full capabilities of Google Workspace and other productivity apps from Google Play2, the device lets you make quick work of your to-do list, from anywhere.
Immersive visuals for focused productivity
Featuring ultra-narrow bezels, ASUS Chromebook CX1 packs a stunning 17-inch display into its solid chassis, delivering an immersive 78% screen-to-body ratio. Combined with a matte anti-glare coating to reduce distracting reflections, the device maximizes your focus and screen area — empowering you to do more on the go!
Fast, stable connections
ASUS Chromebook CX1 offers dual-band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) for strong, stable signals and superfast speeds, allowing you to load online content in the blink of an eye. Its connectivity is made even better by exclusive ASUS technologies — such as ASUS WiFi Master for Chrome5 — that ensure greater speed, stability and range for your WiFi connections and help you stay connected anywhere.
Work or play, all day
The power-efficient ASUS Chromebook CX1 is designed to last for up to 17 hours1 on a single charge, so you can work or play throughout the day.
ASUS Chromebook CX1 is enabled with automatic updates6 and built-in anti-virus protection, seamlessly keeping your device safe, secure and always up to date. Because it leverages the rock-solid security of your personal Google Account, you can rest assured that private documents, emails, photos and confidential data are safe at all times.
USB-C® for ultimate flexibility
Two full-function reversible USB-C® (USB Type-C®) ports make it easy to charge ASUS Chromebook CX1 or connect it to peripherals and external displays. USB-C provides superfast data-transfer speeds — making it possible to transfer a 2 GB video file to a USB drive in under 2 seconds7! For maximum convenience and compatibility, ASUS Chromebook CX1 also features standard USB 3.2 ports, and there’s a microSD slot for adding more storage.
Enjoy the best of Google
It doesn’t get better than Chrome OS. For both work and leisure time, ASUS Chromebook CX1 is your gateway to the very best of Google. You’ll enjoy full access to Google Play2, and you can talk to Google to get things done.
With Google Play2, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books and more, all from your device. ASUS Chromebook CX1 opens a whole new world of freedom!
Get more done fast using your voice on your ASUS Chromebook CX1. Send an email, find documents, listen to music, access your calendar or control smart home devices, all without switching screens. Just say “OK Google” to get started2.
Your ASUS Chromebook CX1 purchase entitles you to a 12-month subscription of Google One8. The membership includes 100 GB of storage across Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos, as well as access to Google experts and extra member benefits — all in one shareable family plan.
1. Based on Chromium OS power Load Test. Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use. Charging time requires the battery to be at least 5% charged, with the device inactive and using the included charger. Actual battery life depends on usage, specifications, applications and environment, among other factors.
2. Internet connection required. Google, Google Play, YouTube and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
3. ASUS Chromebook CX1 series laptops undergo multiple laptop quality tests but are not subject to all tests stated. The testing data includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests.
4. The stated width of the side bezel is the distance between the edge of the non-active screen display area and the inside edge of the case. If the case width is included, the side bezel width is 7.86 mm. The stated width of the bottom bezel is the distance between the edge of the non-active screen display area and the visible edge of the display when the laptop is opened to 90°. These measurements are based on the standard (without anti-glare) display configuration.
5. CX1700CKA is certified with WiFi Master for Chrome. WiFi Master for Chrome certified devices feature WiFi 6 and enhanced WiFi stability when USB 3.2 Gen 1 interference is present, allowing users to stream smoothly when they are up to 160 meters to 225 meters away from a router.
6. Auto-updates and auto-backup require an internet connection.
7. Unless otherwise stated, all data-transfer speeds are based on theoretical performance. Actual performance may vary.
8. Google One availability varies according to country. Please check with your local ASUS retailer for details.