Sony HT-S400 Soundbar Highlights
- S-Force PRO Front Surround and Dolby Digital create cinematic style surround sound
- 2.1ch front surround sound with X-Balanced speaker delivers clear, rich dialogue
- Wireless subwoofer delivers deeper, richer bass sound
- Powerful 330W4 of total output brings your content to life
- Simple and easy operation with compact remote and convenient OLED display window
- Flexible layout and wireless connection to compatible BRAVIA TVs minimizes cable clutter1
- Wall-mountable design with a flat back fits flush to the wall
- Effortless control with integrated UI on BRAVIA TVs2
- Bluetooth® connectivity for wireless audio streaming6
- Connect to your TV with either HDMI ARC5 or optical connection
Rich surround sound for all your content
A wireless subwoofer, 330W4 of total output, and HDMI ARC5 one-cable connection make watching movies and TV more immersive. Deeper, more engaging bass performance in music, movies and gaming make it perfect for the essential home theater.
Hear immersive sound come from all around
The HT-S400 soundbar couples high-quality Dolby® Digital with S-Force PRO Front Surround to put you right at the heart of the content you love.
Surround made simple
Using front speakers only, Sony’s unique digital sound field processing technology virtually reproduces the surround sound field, with audio coming at you from both sides. You can enjoy rich, cinematic surround sound.
Enjoy clear dialogue and powerful sound
Powerful audio technology, such as the X-Balanced Speaker Unit and Separated Notch Edge, works to deliver wide-ranging sound and enhanced vocal clarity.
X-Balanced Speaker Unit
Front speakers feature an X-Balanced Speaker Unit. The unique rectangular shape of these speakers maximizes the diaphragm. It reduces driver excursion while maintaining sound pressure, resulting in less distortion and greater vocal clarity.
Separated Notch Edge
The Separated Notch Edge on the X-Balanced Speaker Unit improves vertical amplitude symmetry, an essential for clear sound quality. It achieves this using strategically placed cuts on the edge, which help to control the stress inside and outside the edge of the diaphragm.
Deeper, richer bass sound
A powerful wireless subwoofer with a large 160mm speaker unit delivers a deeper, richer bass sound.
Simple and easy operation
The simple, compact remote control and convenient OLED display window make operation a breeze.
A simple new remote control combines pleasing, hand-fit design with easy, intuitive operation. Convenient features include dedicated buttons for adjusting the volume and sound settings.
Simply select your sound
The soundbar offers a choice of sound settings to suit whatever you’re watching or listening to. There’s Voice mode for clearer dialogue, Night mode for when you want to watch TV without waking the house, and Sound Field, which converts conventional soundtracks such as stereo audio into a surround sound experience.
Easy wireless connection1
To minimize cable clutter, you can send audio wirelessly to your soundbar from a Sony BRAVIA TV supporting wireless connection.1,2 The wireless connection also lets you turn your TV and soundbar on and off simultaneously using the BRAVIA power button. And it frees up a Bluetooth® input for another input source such as a smartphone or tablet.
Convenient OLED display window
An OLED display window on the soundbar offers at-a-glance status information on remote control functions including input source, volume, and sound settings such as Sound Field, Voice mode and Night mode.
Effortless control with BRAVIA TVs
With an integrated UI, soundbar settings automatically appear on the BRAVIA TVs Quick Settings menu for easy control of sound settings and volume.2
Wall-mountable design with a flush fit
Designed to blend seamlessly into your living room, the wall-mountable soundbar has a flat back that fits perfectly flush to the wall.
Play the music you love
Easily play your favorite music through your soundbar too. Use Bluetooth® technology to wirelessly stream music from your smartphone, tablet or laptop.6
Set up in seconds
With a choice of HDMI ARC5 and optical input, it’s easy to connect the soundbar to a range of TVs – so you can get on with enjoying your movies, music and more.
HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) lets you connect to compatible TVs with a single cable, reducing cable clutter.5
TV not compatible with HDMI ARC? Enjoy high quality sound for movies and more when you connect to the optical input.
Sustainability in mind
Our products are designed not only pursuing sound quality but also considering the environment. Sony’s originally developed recycled plastic is used in the subwoofer rear panel of the HT-S4003, reflecting how Sony strives to reduce the environmental impact of our products.
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
1. For Wireless connection via Bluetooth®, BRAVIA™ TVs supporting Bluetooth® A2DP ( Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) is needed. Applicable TV models https://www.sony.net/bluetooth-connection/
2. Integrated UI works with the following models. Z9K series, A95K series, A90K series, A80K series, X95K series, X90K series, X90S series, X85K series and X80K series. Z9J series, A90J series, A80J series, X95J series, X90J series, X85J series and X80J series (these series require software update to the latest version). Product availability varies by country. HDMI connection is required.
3. The recycled plastics may not be used for parts depending on the time of production.
4. Soundbar 100W + 100W per channel = 200W total; Subwoofer 130W; 200W + 130W = 330W
5. Requires HDMI® cable sold separately.
6. Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth devices vary, requires NFC-enabled and/or Bluetooth enabled device. Check device’s user manual for compatibility.