By combining their latest N843 Series NVR and four 4K Smart Active Deterrence cameras, this security camera system from Lorex will provide you a high quality recording and the smartest features to protect your property. Featuring Smart Motion Detection Plus, Active Deterrence LED lights and siren, two-way talk audio, this system is designed to stop potential events before happen. The NVR also includes a large 2TB hard drive for private local recording with no monthly fees and is easily connected to our Lorex Home App for easy remote viewing and smart motion notifications. As part of the Lorex Fusion™ collection, you can add up to 2 Lorex Wi-Fi products such as, Wi-Fi cameras, doorbells and floodlights. If you are looking to protect your home, small business or commercial property, this powerful security camera system will have you covered.
4K NVR can support up to 8 cameras
6 × 4K Smart Deterrence IP cameras
150ft Night Vision
Maximum night vision range
2TB Hard Drive
Maximum capacity 1 × 8TB hard drive
Expand your system with the Fusion Collection
The Lorex Fusion Collection is a set of Network Video Records (NVRs) and Wi-Fi devices that are united by the Lorex Home App. Working together, the NVR can essentially "fuse" together Wired and Wi-Fi systems!
Experience the 4K difference
Thanks to the camera's powerful 8MP image sensor, you'll experience the difference that 4K resolution makes when it comes to your security. 4K means there are more than 8 million pixels, and that results in sharper video, realistic color representation and superior digital zoom capabilities.
Smart Motion Detection Plus
Limit motion detection notifications with Smart Motion Detection Plus. This feature offers the option of either Face Detection or Person and Vehicle Detection.
Perfect for front doors and entranceways, Face Detection will only notify you of motion events when a person's face has been detected. This prevents motion notifications from people or vehicles simply passing by and not coming towards the camera4. You can also easily preview all the different faces that the camera has captured for quick reference on the NVR. You can also review and filter only face detection events in Smart Search.
Person and Vehicle Detection
Smart Person and Vehicle Detection helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. Recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function.
Take an active stance against uninvited guests
This camera comes with plenty of features that will help ward off uninvited guests. First, there is a motion-activated warning light that can be customized to only be triggered when a person or vehicle is detected. Second, there is a remote-triggered siren that you can control from your Lorex Home app. When the camera sensors detect motion, the system will send a notification directly to your phone, allowing you to remotely access the camera and set off a warning alert.
Listen-in Audio and Two-Way Talk
A built-in speaker and microphone allows for crystal-clear audio functionality. Listen-in audio recording will add a whole new dimension to your overall security monitoring, as it can provide additional details (like a voice) should an incident occur. This camera also has a speaker that allows you to communicate with others through the camera using the Lorex Home app.*
*Audio recording is disabled by default. Audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Technology does not assume liability for any use of its products that fails to conform with local laws.
Protect the things that matter with Safeguard
Lorex's Safeguard™ technology is perfect if you have very specific objects or areas that you need to to monitor. The feature allows you to set-up to three "Missing" areas and one "Left Behind" area. The Missing feature allows you to select important objects of value that you would want to be notified if they are removed from the area. Conversely, the Left Behind feature allows you to select an area to be notified if something is added.
See in color through the night
This camera features our revolutionary Color Night Vision™ (CNV) technology, which will produce full-color video with the help of external lighting around the camera. CNV also adds a further level of detail (the color of clothes or cars, for example), and increases contrast for easier detection and recognition of people and objects. In regular nighttime conditions that are too dark for CNV to render full-color images, this camera will use it's infrared LEDs to record crisp black and white video footage up to 150ft (46m) away and up to 98ft (30m) in complete darkness.
Built for the outdoors
While this camera is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, it has been especially designed to withstand the harsh impacts of nature. It has an IP67 rating, meaning it can tolerate extreme temperatures ranging from -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C). It also has a durable, all-metal housing for added protection.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This NVR is designed for use with our innovative Lorex Home™ app. Using this app, you can quickly view your security system remotely and control camera features from your smartphone. The app will also send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Add A Sensor Kit!
The Lorex Sensor Hub also uses the Lorex Home App, allowing you to seamlessly integrate Add-On Sensors into your home security.
*Link individual sensors to another Wi-Fi camera connected to the Lorex Home App. N842, N843, N844, N862, N863, D861, D862, D871 Series recorders also support sensor linking to a wired camera through the Lorex Home App. Lorex Sensor Hub Compatibility
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to your security system by connecting it to your other Smart Home devices. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. Or download the Lorex Home app on your Apple TV* to view live video in single or multiple feeds.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for App Store
PoE plug-and-play installation
This 4K security camera system will be up and running in no time thanks to Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology. All that is required to connect each of your security cameras to your NVR is a single Cat5e ethernet cable run. This cable provides both power and video transmission up to 300 feet / 91m.
H.265 / HEVC encoding
This security camera is equipped with High-Efficiency Video Encoding (HEVC) or H.265 video compression. This encoding technology efficiently compresses file sizes. In fact, it can compress file sizes up to 50% more than files using the previous encoding technology (H.264), without any noticeable degradation in quality. HEVC encoding will also save you plenty of bandwidth while watching live or recorded video remotely.
Stop events before they happen. An easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder will activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Active Deterrence cameras to deter potential intruders.
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
Included in the NVR is a built-in security-grade hard drive that has been designed to meet the demands of 24/7 surveillance recording. With the possibility of increasing storage space up to 8TB, there is more than enough room to safely store all motion events that only you can access.
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Resolution on all channels.1
- Digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity.2
- View synchronized playback of up to 4 cameras at the same time
- Expand your security system with up to 8 IP cameras with built-in PoE ports.
- Pair your system with up to two Lorex Fusion™ compatible Wi-Fi products such as Wi-Fi cameras, doorbells, floodlights, and more.3
- Stream and record continuous video from your Wi-Fi devices on your recorder.
- Wi-Fi cameras can now record continuously, taking advantage of the hard drive storage space.
- Quickly access your live footage with simple voice commands, compatible with Amazon and Google.4
- Control your Active Deterrence cameras features with your voice (compatible with Google Assistant only).4
- Support for Smart Motion Detection - Get notifications with the Lorex Home™ App when motion is detected from a person or vehicle. Be notified when a person is not wearing mask.5
- Use Smart Search to search through recorded footage and filter events for motion detected by person, vehicle or face.6
- Max 8TB storage space with no hidden monthly cloud fees.
- Security Grade hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring.
- Set up to 3 areas to keep track of items left behind or removed, such as packages or other items of value. Auto-voice messages can be activated when an event takes place.
- 4K (8MP) Ultra HD, ensuring clear and detailed footage, every time17
- See more with a wide-angle 108° field of view
- Enhanced nighttime clarity with Color Night Vision™8
- Up to 150ft (46m) IR night vision in low light and 98ft (30m) in total darkness9
- Smart motion detection plus offers the option of either Face detection10 or Person and Vehicle Detection11
- Receive notifications when a person, vehicle or face is detected on your property from your Lorex Home™ app12
- Dual motion-activated LED warning lights can be set to be only be triggered when a person or vehicle is detected
- Deter unwanted guests with the remote-activated siren
- Built-in mic and speaker allows you to listen and speak to visitors with 2-way talk13
- Get notified when an object is removed or left behind in a selected area with Safeguard14
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution and quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
3. Fusion™ capabilities are limited to 2 wireless devices per system. Wireless devices require an available channel on the NVR as well as a sufficient signal strength between the device(s) and your Wi-Fi router for video streaming. For full details on Wi-Fi cameras compatibility and instructions, visit www.lorex.com/pages/fusion
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Compatible with certain Lorex IP and select wireless cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
6. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
7. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
8. Color nighttime video typically switches to black & white IR night vision when there is not sufficient ambient light to ensure optimal low-light image quality.
9. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor nighttime ambient lighting (up to 30m/98ft in total darkness). Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area and light reflection/absorption.
10. Accuracy of Face Detection will be influenced by the distance and angle of the face from the camera. Partially or fully covered and/or obscured faces will not be detected. Lighting conditions including Night vision will impact the accuracy and detection range of Face Detection.
11. Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection Plus or Person and Vehicle Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
12. Motion Detection and Face Detection can not be enabled at the same time from a single camera. Face Detection is disabled by default.
13.The use of audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Technology does not assume liability for any use of its product that fails to conform with local laws.
14. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility