Bonus 2 Year Warranty On This Television
Visions Electronics Rewards members receive an additional year of warranty on this television from date of purchase up to a maximum of 2 years.
For more information about this warranty and the additional benefits of becoming a Rewards Member, please visit our Rewards sign-up page by
Enhanced contrast and a slim bezel design provides immersive viewing from any angle. With sound and pictures precisely aligned, you'll hear action from exactly the right place on screen.
Discover deeper blacks and more brightness from any angle
The same powerful processor used in Sony's 8K3 TVs analyzes data to boost colour, contrast and clarity. You’ll uncover more detail in shadow on a Full Array LED TV screen for realistic pictures from any angle with less blur.
Enjoy the precision of true-to-life contrast
Discover how real pictures can be when you bring out the fine details. With zones of LEDs lit independently, Full Array LED provides more realistic contrast by making light areas lighter and dark areas darker. Contrast is further enhanced by X-tended Dynamic Range PRO5, which adjusts brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow.
Making colour and contrast more real
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the colour in individual objects on screen is analyzed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Since objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures, and more realistic pictures.
Supreme resolution, whatever you’re watching
Any kind of content can be upconverted to lifelike 4K1 resolution with Sony’s unique features. The Picture Processor X1 Ultimate, twice as fast as the X1 Extreme, precisely analyzes and processes data to enrich 4K pictures with real world detail and texture. Even images filmed in 2K and Full HD are upscaled close to 4K by 4K X-Reality PRO6 using a unique 4K database. Resolution of each subject is then optimized by Object-based Super Resolution to reproduce virtually real world textures.
Reproduces a wider, more precise range of colours
By widening the colour spectrum, TRILUMINOS powered by the X1 processors reproduces more colours than a conventional television. It analyzes and processes data in every image to make colours even more natural and precise so pictures are closer than ever to real life.
Beautiful colours from all sides
Watching TV from the sides is now as satisfying as from the centre. Sony's original optical design to control light from the backlight, the X-Wide Angle panel ensures colours stay true from wherever you're watching.
This feature is available on TVs from 55 inches and above.
Making fast-moving scenes bright and clear
On some screens, sports and fast action scenes can seem to go by in a blur. The latest X-Motion Clarity technology keeps everything smooth, bright and clear. Each ‘blink’ is individually controlled and its duration optimized, while brightness is boosted when needed, so you won’t miss a thing.
Sound and Picture in Harmony
Sound-positioning tweeters optimize the location of sound on the screen so you hear precisely controlled, high-quality audio from the right part of the scene.
Beautifully matched pictures and sound
Sound on conventional TVs with a speaker located below the screen is often out of sync with the picture. The Acoustic Multi-Audio includes two sound-positioning tweeters at the back of the TV that enable sound to follow the action for a truly immersive experience. Independent amps are controlled separately to precisely manage sound positioning of these speakers in high tone areas, enhancing sound pressure and stability for more realism.
This feature is available on TVs larger than 55 in. Independent amp control is available on TVs with a screen size between 55 in and 75 in.
Enjoy high-quality sound
Designed to complement the sound quality and slimness of the TV with its unique new shape, Sony's X-Balanced Speaker drives movies and music with clear sound.
This feature is available on TVs with a screen size between 55 and 75 inch.
Sound flows around you with Dolby Atmos
Be surrounded by sound as if you are right there in the scene. With Dolby Atmos, sound comes from above as well as from the sides so you can hear objects moving overhead with more realism for a truly multi-dimensional experience.7
Enjoy multidimensional sound with S-Force Front Surround
Hear sound as you would from a separate multi surround speaker. By upconverting inputs, S-Force Front Surround virtually reproduces a multi surround speaker system within your TV so you can enjoy all the thrills of more immersive sound.
Clearly hear voices
With Voice Zoom, you can hear human speech clearly without having to turn up the volume—ideal for news bulletins and documentaries.
Supreme pictures and sound, whatever the environment
Sit back and enjoy the best possible viewing experience. Sony’s unique ambient optimization technology automatically adjusts picture and sound to your environment.
Ultra-Slim Wall Mount
Mount your Sony TV like a work of art
Make the most of your living space. The optional SU-WL855 ultra slim wall-mount bracket is designed to hang select Sony BRAVIA™ OLED and LED TVs flush to the wall, just like any other work of art. Pull out your TV and swivel it left to right to adjust the screen angle for optimal viewing.
Brightness refined for your room
On conventional TVs, brightness stays the same regardless of light in a room, resulting in pictures that are too dark or bright. This TV includes an embedded light sensor that optimizes picture brightness to room conditions, boosting brightness in light rooms and reducing it in dark ones, so you get the perfect view.
Sound tailored to your environment
Sound experience can change depending on your room environment. For example, curtains absorb sound, while objects in front of the TV can disturb the passage of sound, compromising the quality of what you hear. This 4K Ultra HD TV detects objects and reproduces sound that’s enhanced and optimized to your room.
Flush surface, no distractions
A slim and flush design with discrete stand and thin bezel keeps you focused on what’s important—the picture.4
Easy access, easy living
With easy access to all your favourite content, services and devices, Sony's Android Smart TVs make life simpler.9
Your voice is all you need
Say what you want to watch, no remote required
With Google Assistant built in and advanced voice control, Sony’s Android TV makes life smart and simple. Find new entertainment, check schedules and control your home, just by talking to the screen.10, 11
This feature is available on TVs larger than 55".
Watch what you love. Control it with your voice.
You can ask your Google Assistant to find your favorites. It's truly effortless and offers the ultimate viewing experience. Control your Sony TV and other connected devices using your voice – there's no smarter way to run your life. 12, 13, 14
Over 5,000 apps, more than any other smart TV
Sony’s Android Smart TV has an unbeatable number of apps. Choose the ones that make your life more fun and entertaining.15
No more waiting
Apps start fast and there’s no more waiting when you switch between apps—Netflix starts 3x faster than before.16
Sony Android TVs are recommended by Netflix
Netflix have created an easy way for you to identify TVs with better performance, easier app access and new features that make for a better smart TV. Netflix-recommended TVs help you enjoy popular shows and movies with a dedicated button and voice control.
Enjoy studio quality with Netflix Calibrated Mode
This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator's vision and intent is faithfully preserved.17
Get started with just one button
Sony TVs have a dedicated Netflix button, so you can start streaming with just one click.18
Easily connect to your favourite compatible devices
Connect with Your Alexa
Connect your Alexa-enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.19
Works with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.20
Works with Apple AirPlay/Apple HomeKit21
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream video and audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from Apple TV app, your favourite apps, or even Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.
Your new smart life
Send to a Bigger, Better Screen with Chromecast
Chromecast lets you cast your favourite videos, games and apps from your mobile device, in full quality, to your TV. Just one tap of the Cast button on your Android or iOS screen is all you need to supersize the things you love. Cast your content then continue browsing on your phone or tablet.22
A remote that’s easy to use
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set-top boxes and other devices via HDMI to this 4K HDR TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use too.22
Experience content as the creator intended
When pictures are digitally compressed from film to TV, quality is compromised and your experience is not as the director intended in the studio. A wide range of unique features lets you enjoy studio-quality entertainment in your own home, just as the director intended.
Embrace the thrills of the cinema
Enjoy cinematic thrills at home. Dolby Vision brings scenes vividly to life for authentic viewing, while Dolby Atmos fills the room with immersive surround sound.
Preserving the passion of the creators
To address colour variations from the production process, this TV is ready to use Portrait Displays’ high-performance Calman auto-calibration software. This allows an unprecedented level of calibration and the ability to fine tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings. It delivers high-fidelity colour reproduction that’s true to the original TV signal and can even adapt to the subtlest changes in colour that may occur over time. This TV is Calman Ready, allowing customers to benefit from software used by visual creators in post-production, quality-control workflows, further demonstrating Sony's commitment to deliver pictures with professional-grade colour-calibrated accuracy in the home.23
1. 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
2. Price does not include “Provincial Environmental Handling Fee (EHF)”. For more details see recyclemyelectronics.ca/.
3. 8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels.
4. Actual look may differ depending on TV size.
5. Dynamic range of brightness does not represent luminance. It is a comprehensive index of reproduction of luminance, gradation and black level.
6. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
7. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, and the double-D symbol are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. in the Unites States and/or other countries.
8. Actual look may differ depending on the type of cable used and TV size.
9. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for SD services, 10 Mbps for HD streaming or 4K downloads, 20 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Network services, content, and the operating system and software of this product may be subject to individual terms and conditions; may be changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Apps must be compatible with TV.
11. Hands Free feature availability depends on language and may need software update. Please check Sony support page for further information;www.sony.net/tv-hf-ww/.
12. Use for compatible devices and voice search: Compatible devices require internet connection. Voice Search is available using the included remote control, Android TV Remote Control application with Android 4.0 or higher, or using Sony’s TV SideView application available for Android 4.0.3 or higher or iOS 7.0 or higher.
13. User must connect to a Google account to use, including voice to activate linked apps.
14. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for SD services, 10 Mbps for HD streaming or 4K downloads, 20 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Network services, content, and the operating system and software of this product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Apps must be compatible with TV.
15. Based on market research June 2019.
16. Compared with Sony's Android TV launched in 2016.
17. Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, Internet service, device capabilities and content availability. netflix.com/termsofuse.
18. Remote design and specification may differ depending on country.
19. Amazon Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) compatible with Sony TVs powered by Android TV. Amazon account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
20. Google Home is a trademark of Google Inc. Google product model Google Home device (sold separately) compatible with select Sony soundbars. Requires compatible devices connected to the same wireless home network. Download the Google home app from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. Subject to third party app terms and conditions. User must link compatible devices in order to control operation. Once download is complete, the Google Home feature may be connected to the Sony device to access the voice control function.
21. AirPlay and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
22. Controllable device and feature depends on country and device.
23. Requires CalMAN calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, and a meter.
24. This product is also known as XBR-49X950H, XBR-55X950H, XBR-65X950H, XBR-75X950H, XBR-85X950H, XBR49X950H, XBR55X950H, XBR65X950H, XBR75X950H, XBR85X950H.
25. ©2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, EXTRA BASS and its logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.