The Forestry Pro II laser rangefinder/ hypsometer brings an all-new level of capability, convenience and value for forestry, utility and other industrial and commercial applications where the ability to remotely measure distances; height; angle and two or three point calculations are important.
For Forestry, Utility & Construction Developed as a value-packed surveying instrument for simple, precise measurements and calculations, Forestry Pro II becomes a go-to tool for foresters, utility and construction contractors. Inheriting a long list of base attributes from its highly-acclaimed predecessors, this new model offers increased ranging capability, improved accuracy and faster response time for increased confidence in every measurement result.
Forestry Pro II measurement functionality includes the ability to remotely measure actual distance; horizontal distance; height; angle and both the difference in height between two targets (vertical separation) and three-points measurements (the height between two points). Distances can be displayed in feet, yards or meters.
Enhanced Technology Features
The external LCD display of the Forestry Pro II has been upgraded with an enhanced pixel count for easier viewing and three-level, adjustable backlighting for easier viewing in poor light conditions. Measured results are displayed in approximately 0.3 seconds regardless of the distance being ranged.
Two-Points Measurement (Height between two points)
The Forestry Pro II’s two-point measurement function can be used to measure the height of a tree or utility pole when both the top and base are visible. Simply aim at the top of the subject and press the button to measure, then do the same at the base – the height between the two points will be displayed in both the integral monocular display and on the external LCD.
Three-Points Measurement (Angle calculations for height between two points)
If the top/merchantable height and/or base of the tree or structure is not visible, Forestry Pro II provides a three-point measurement mode that calculates the horizontal distance to the tree, then measures the angles to the top and base to calculate the height between the two points.
Forestry Pro II’s new log function stores up to 250 measurement results, which can be displayed on the external display.
Target Priority Mode
The Forestry Pro II’s Target Priority system is capable of reliably picking up and ranging extremely small or thin targets such as distant power lines and small branches.
Nikon 16703 Foresty Pro II Laser Rangefinder Highlights:
- Measurement range: 8-1,750 yd/ 25-5,250 ft. / 7.5-1,600m
- Functions include actual distance, height, angle and vertical separation (difference in height between two targets) measurements, three-point measurement (height between two points).
- Measurement results are displayed on both internal and external LCD panels. The external panel displays all results simultaneously.
- The external display employs backlighting for easy visibility even in dark situations.
- Backlight brightness is adjustable to three levels.
- Log function enables storage of up to 250 measurement results.
- HYPER READ provides quick and stable measurement responses in approx. 0.3 second regardless of distance..
- Target Priority Switch System for measuring overlapping subjects:
- First Target Priority mode displays the distance of the closest subject—useful when measuring the distance to a subject in front of an overlapping background.
- Distant Target Priority mode displays that of the farthest subject—useful in wooded areas.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating produces bright, clear images.
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing.
- Diopter adjustment function.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds).
- Waterproof (up to 3.3 ft/ 1m for 10 minutes) and fog proof, but not designed for underwater usage; the battery chamber is rainproof.
- Wide temperature tolerance: 14°F to 122°F/-10°C to +50°C.
For more information on Nikon's warranty please visit: https://en.nikon.ca/service-and-support/service-coverage.page