Tune Out the World. Tune in Your Music.
Portable personal sound is the way to go today, but how much of the explosive impact of a home audio system do we leave behind each time we hit the road with our headphones? For Polk, too much. So they engineered a pair of headphones that would deliver the big, bold, expansive experience of a home audio system to our on-the-go ears, anywhere they went: the UltraFocus 8000 Active Noise Canceling Headphones.
Polk's exclusive Optimized Active Tuning takes advantage of ANC technology to improve the overall performance dynamics of UltraFocus headphones, significantly raising the bar for headphone performance (these headphones sound... incredible!).
Smart sensing of exterior noise levels actually changes the frequency response of UltraFocus headphones, tuning out disruptions and tuning in better headphone performance. Polk ANC technology is capable of up to 15dB of extraneous noise cancellation!
Superior materials technology, including durable stainless steel, lightweight aluminum and carbon fiber, and virtually maintenance free padding, for years of extraordinary performance on the go, anywhere.
Active Dynamic Balance driver of lightweight, durable PET material, in a sealed micro-enclosure, tuned and fitted to eliminate resonances with optimized damping. Active Dynamic Balance technology is an exclusive combination of active noise cancelling and the patented Dynamic Balance material tuning process.
Easy to reach, easy to use on-ear Apple Microphone & Audio Control Buttons include "control Braille" tactile indicators and are engineered to avoid inadvertent engagement, for on-the-fly audio and phone control without breaking your stride.
Push-To-Hear Ambient Control in the UltraFocus 8000 model instantly mutes headphone audio and amplifies exterior human voice frequencies, so you can interact with the outside world without removing your headphones.
Single cable connection simplicity: One cable, rather than two, connects directly to the UltraFocus 8000 headset. One detachable cable connection means less tangle, less hassle. One detachable cable connection means it's easier to stand up and stride around the cabin in-flight. One detachable cable connection means you don't have to replace your headset should the cable fail. (Don't worry: they've designed it not to.)
StrainGuard Kevlar core technology and gold-plated connectors, and computer-designed transitional connections, eliminate the concept of cable failure.
Includes Skype Adaptor, Home Audio Receiver Adaptor, and Airplane Adaptor with specially designed attenuator to optimize airline system performance. Convenient carrying case included.
Engineered for durability, performance & comfort, the UltraFocus Series is made with the most advanced materials and state-of-the-art headphone micro-technology. They will be the last pair of headphones you'll ever need.
Polk UltraFocus 8000 Headphones Highlights:
- Ultra-high performance sound in a headphone, with focused details, full fidelity and deep bass.
- Battery-assisted Active Noise Canceling technology eliminates the distractions of the outside world (two AAA batteries included).
- Perfect Fit Headband is "tuned" to eliminate pressure points and soften its comfortable, secure fit.
- Gold-plated 3.5mm connector is designed to fit through the opening on all i-gadget cases.
- Extra-long battery life: 40 to 60 hours with normal ANC usage. Easy to see blinking low battery indicator. (Two AAA batteries included.)
- The Passive Isolation technology of the padded on-ear design comfortably surrounds each ear to naturally minimize outside distractions.
- Removable 55 inch Ultra-flexible tangle-free planar audio cable eliminates cable tangle.