An authentic 3-way coax capable of reproducing a wide frequency spectrum. The DCX 690.3 uses an oversized magnetic group, TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) surround, a 60 mm diameter midrange and a PEI dome tweeter. The result is linearity, wide dispersion and extra-ordinary efficiency not found in traditional coax components. An involving, emotional sound, even at high SPL levels.
• Large motor assembly for mobile voice coil control.
• Pure copper voice coil, wound on conex former, for maximum lightness.
• Water-repellent treated paper cone.
• TPU surround, for wide excursion and resonance damping.
• 60 mm paper tweeter with ferrite magnet.
• Supertweeter with PEI dome, for compactness and energy at high frequencies..
• DIN size basket protected by abrasion-proof dust paint.
• Tin-plated, high current terminals.
• Silver-plated lead wires for maximum reliability and conductivity.
• Butyl rubber protective cover, against crashes and abrasions.
• Epoxy glue for basket and motor system provides perfect coupling.
• Low carbon content plates for maximum magnetic permeability and high heat dissipation.