KEF REFERENCE 1's innovative technology means that you don't need a big cabinet to enjoy expansive, premium quality sound.
All the jaw-dropping performance and innovative engineering pioneered for the critically acclaimed LS50 studio monitor, and then some. REFERENCE 1 pairs KEF’s latest 125mm (5 inch) MF/HF Uni-Q driver array with the sensational new 165mm (6.5 inch) alloy cone bass driver to create a compellingly realistic sound stage out of all proportion to its size. Mounted on shelves or stands, Uni-Q’s inherently wide, even dispersion also makes it the perfect rear channel speaker in a home theatre system that effortlessly reveals all the subtleties encoded in modern soundtracks.
The standard by which others are judged, and to which they aspire. The perfect reproduction of recorded sound is what KEF's legendary THE REFERENCE Series has always stood for. And after 40 years of continuous development, THE REFERENCE has earned its name as the yardstick of high-end acoustic engineering.
If you're a perfectionist when it comes to enjoying movies or music, it's the one name that towers above the rest. The Reference. It speaks for itself.
• Design: Three-way Bass Reflex
• Drive Units: Uni-Q driver array: HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminum dome MF: 125mm (5in.) aluminum
• Bass units: LF: 1 x165mm (6.5in.) aluminum
• Frequency Range: Typical in room bass response: 30Hz (-6dB) Free Field - Short port: 40Hz - 45kHz (-6dB) Free Field - Long port: 37Hz - 45kHz (-6dB)
• Frequency Response: 45Hz- 35kHz (±3dB)
• Crossover Frequencies: 350Hz, 2.8kHz
• Maximum Output: 111 dB (peak sound pressure level at 1m with pink noise)
• Amplifier Class: 50-200W
• Sensitivity: 85dB (2.83V/1m)
• Harmonic Distortion: 2nd & 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <0.5% 40Hz - 100kHz <0.2% 200Hz - 10kHz
• Impedance: 8 Ohms (min.3.2 Ohms)
• Dimensions: H x W x D with grille and terminal: 440 x 205 x 430 mm (17.3 x 8.1 x 16.9 in.)
• Weight: 18.2kg (40.1lbs)
• Unit Measurement: Pair