70 Years of Audio Firsts
These speakers come with a remarkable pedigree of over 70 years of Pioneer audio heritage and industry firsts. Like every speaker Pioneer builds, these are engineered to offer incredible design and amazing sound quality. But then that’s exactly what you’d expect from speakers designed by internationally renowned speaker engineer, Andrew Jones. As Pioneer’s Chief Speaker Engineer, Andrew has designed some of the world’s finest loudspeakers, some costing as much as $80,000. Now he has brought his high-end expertise and passion to the creation of this affordable bookshelf speaker. And while the price is considerably lower than some of his other efforts, the expectation and delivery of accurate sound reproduction are the same.
Thinking Out Of the Box
Typically you’ll find most bookshelf speakers not only come in a box, they are a box. And while that might be better for production costs, it isn’t better for sound reproduction. The SP-BS22-LR speakers utilize a true curved cabinet design. So besides the aesthetics being considerably more pleasing, this stiffer design reduces standing sound waves inside the cabinet, resulting in high-performance and exceptional sound quality.
As you look at them, you’ll also notice our unique speaker grills. They’re beautiful and elegant in their own right, but not for their own sake. They protect the speakers, but are also removable if you prefer to see the drivers themselves.
The Inside Story
• Crossover: The job of the cross over in a speaker is to break the audio signal into low, high and sometimes mid-range frequencies. It’s an important job, and it uses circuitry like inductors and capacitors to accomplish it. Much of the competition uses an extremely simple, low-cost cross over made up of a single capacitor and inductor. The Pioneer SP-BS22-LR utilizes a sophisticated 6 component high quality cross over, ensuring high quality sound that makes its presence known.
• Woofer: There are many challenges designing and manufacturing a woofer capable of delivering true bass performance. In the SP-BS22-LR, we’ve added a structured surface to the 4-inch woofer. By doing so, not only is rigidity improved, so is bass accuracy. Engineers have also vented the pole piece, again improving bass response from the same size woofers in previous models.
• Tweeter: To widen the sweet spot of the 1-inch High Efficiency Soft Dome tweeter, Pioneer has engineered a custom wave guide. Increasing tweeter efficiency, together with newly designed crossovers, allows the SP-BS22-LR’s play louder using less power.
Whatever your system, the SP-BS22-LR Bookshelf Speakers are ready to step it up with authentic audio reproduction to bring your listening experience to the next level.
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Features/Specifications:
• RF Molded Curved Cabinet
• 4” Structured Surface Woofer
• 1” High Efficiency Soft Dome Tweeter
• Gold 5-Way Binding Posts
• 6 Element Sophisticated Crossover
• Oversized Magnets with Vented Pole Piece for Improved Bass Response
• Improved Sensitivity for More Efficient Power Input
• 80 Watt Power Handling
• Configuration: 2-way
• Frequency Range: 55 Hz-20 kHz
• Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
• Sensitivity (2.83 V): 85 dB
• Maximum Input Power: 80 W
• Cross-Over Frequency: 3 kHz
• Cross-Over Frequency: 3 kHz
• Woofer: 4"
• Tweeter: 1"
• 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty